First of all, I just realized how tedious having a blog is. I just took pictures of all the products I used and I got..tired. This is a lot of work. Why did I ever consider my friends’ advice??? But I know you didn’t come here for the rant so let’s move on to the real deal.
I patterned my routine from the famous 10-step Korean Skincare Routine. 10 steps sounds a lot, but from what I gather, our Korean sisters (and brothers) are all about layers because HYDRATION IS KEY. Mine’s less than 10 steps ‘cos this routine is very personal, meaning, you add/remove what you think is not needed for your skin. I did a lot of readings and I’m still in the process of trial-and-error to know which products work best for me. So far, I haven’t had breakouts or irritations so I guess it’s working well.
- Wash my face with water ONLY. *If I didn’t do any cleansing/beauty things~ at night for whatever lazy-ass reason I have, I just wash my face with my Celeteque Hydration foaming cleanser.
- Then, I tone my face with the Mamonde Rose Water toner. I like this toner ‘cos the smell’s relaxing and it’s really gentle on the skin too.
- Put on 2 pumps of my Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence on my face and neck. However, I’m currently testing the Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence for a few days now and so far, so good. Also, what is up with these long names, beauty products??
- Apply an adequate amount of Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen. Some say pea-size is fine but there have been some debates going in on the beauty world about it. Bottom line, don’t scrimp on your sunscreen friends. I haven’t tried a lot but this is my HG sunscreen and I’ve finished maybe, 5 tubes now.
- Do the double cleansing method. I use the Biore cleansing oil for the first step in cleansing. I have nothing to compare to this because this is the first cleansing oil I’ve tried but after I finish this, I’ll switch to the Banila Co Clean It Zero which has HG status by a lot of beauty bloggers.
- Oil cleanser is followed by the Celeteque Hydration foaming cleanser. The Celeteque Hydration facial wash does its job but nothing spectacular about it.
- Step 3 is where I apply my actives. I currently use the Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid every other day. *My bottle has a Monday and Thursday tag because I used it twice a week when I was slowly introducing the acid. I do a wait time of about 15-20 minutes so it gets fully absorbed into my skin before proceeding to the next step. It sounds very tedious but I actually find this night routine therapeutic. By the way, I use cotton balls for the BHA liquid (recommended by Cosrx too) but some use their hands. You do you, girl.
- Tone with the Mamonde Rose Water toner because I *think* that the BHA liquid is a liiiiitle harsh on the skin. Or maybe, I just want another reason to put it on my face because it feels and smells nice. Seriously though, I’ve read that this is to prepare the skin for the other layers that I am about to put on so I use this everyday.
- Pat on your essence. Basically, how I do it in my morning routine is how I do it at night lels. Product(s) used: Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence but currently on Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence. (I’m trying to compare the two and maybe do a future review? IDK hehe)
- Slather on some moisturizer/cream. I have the Cosrx Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream. I’m pretty sure my friends (who this post is dedicated to) haven’t tried snail products. I want you to know that this cream is..slimy because well, it has snail mucus. It takes some time to absorb so I suggest using this at night. If you plan on using this as a day cream (Hi, Irish!), make sure you’re not in a hurry. I usually stop here because the Philippines is hot and humid but sometimes, my face gets unusually dry so I go to step 7. By the way, for the first two days that I used this, I can’t stop touching my face because it feels so soft. I still can’t stop touching my face now but I’m a little bit used to the softness. Charot!
- Seal it in for the extra moisture. I pat some Aura Cacia Nurturing Sweet Almond Oil and wake up to oily skin in the morning. Haha no but seriously, after I wash my face with water, it gets “glowy” so I’m good.
- ACV-Water mixture – this used to be my toner when my skin was really troubled but I’ve moved on. I only use this when I’m not on my BHA liquid or when I have breakouts or pimples that I want to “tame”.
- Cosrx Natural BHA Skin Returning A-sol – I’ve only used this about twice or thrice. This is more of a spot treatment for pimples and acne. I dabbed this on the pimples that erupted on my chin which I suspect was because of the BHA liquid working (it pushes all the deep-seated gunk to the surface). It does calm the spots and seem to make them disappear faster. However, I gave this to my younger brother who is suffering from acne and boy, his skin improved loads! This stuff works, I tell you.
- Sleeping mask- I received this full-sized freebie from where I bought my Cosrx products (check out Dara Beauty Market!). I tried it twice and can’t really say much about it? I don’t know, maybe I just wasn’t paying much attention ‘cos I didn’t think I’ll be blogging you know?
- Sheet masks– I used to think that sheet masks are all hype but they do work. My skin is extra soft and hydrated when I put one on but they can be expensive if used regularly. Also, my laziness sometimes gets in the way so I haven’t been doing sheet masks for a while now. Oh, you do this after you put on your essence/serum and before your cream/moisturizer.
If you want to read more about the 10-Step Korean Skincare routine, check out SoKo Glam’s article. Also, Asian Beauty reddit is very helpful! Lastly, check out Morgan and Renee‘s youtube channels. They are my favorite skincare/beauty vloggers right now.